Flying with Budget Airline

It was not a new thing to fly with budget airlines in Southeast Asia. But accross continent, it was my first time. 

A friend found a cheaper flight to Bali, just $100-200 in my opinion. So how hurt can it be to give it a try.

4-hours from Auckland to Sydney, delayed boarding, not that bad, we still landed on time.

2-hour layover, also not that bad.

Another delay on boarding with long queue in the isle.

6,5 hours light with no entertainment. That started to crack me up. 1 hour felt so long.

I brought a self help book - The Subtle Art to not give a F**k. As simple and light as it is, this kinda book need you to do some reflection. And so did I, impatiently on air. Open the book, read 10 pages, closed my eyes, tried to sleep with my pillow neck. A baby cried relentlessly, sorry for him, his mom and myself. Read the book again. Repeated 3 times and still no sign of landing.

The lady on my left (yes I was in the middle, so fun eh) busy with her phone and editing. Easy to guess she is a content creator from Aussie. Lovely to chat with but darn cough, hence I did not chat a lot. The guy on my right devour his thick novel, while once a while snacking.


Moral of the story:

Download some movies on your phone to watch

Bring your laptop handy though people around you can see

Easy to read books that you want to finish on flight so you dont need to bring that back home, leave in hotel or donate it

Bring some snacks or food

I wished I could chat more with other passengers if not because of this darn cough; the more you talk, the more you cough.

Comments