BALI - Kuta day 1

Immigration (on your own homeland)

This is my third landing in Bali in the last 3 years. Yet it is the worst queue at immigration. Unsure why the e-passport gate is not accommodating most tourists. Not all 5 gates are open, 3 mostly. For myself, after more than 1 hour lining up, just to find out “You queued in the wrong lane.” “I did not see a sign saying 'Welcome Indonesian' at all”. I went to another post anyway, just to let her serve the long foreigners' queue. The Indonesian couple behind me were being served right away, though.

The Jetlag

I woke up by myself at 5:15am, like freshly awakened, as NZ is 8:15am. I think that is the jet lag. Time to open a cup noodle.



Beachwalk

After sorting out the motorbike rental, we went to the Beachwalk Mall where we met another old friend who had spent holidays in Indonesia, laying over in Bali for a couple of days before heading back to Canada. A very short couple of hours of catch-up over food and desserts.

The mall is not fully with aircon, only some shops are. I also noticed that all the names have Balinese traditional characters.

the famous Bebek Tepi Sawah

Pete


We ordered 4 different types. I ended up having 2

Klepon Gianyar. I am unsure what so special that we have to have this in Bali. This is common in Java.

We parted, she and her family went to see Kecak Dance in Melasti. I went for a foot reflexology and then Babi Guling for dinner with another friend :)

Cute turtle print on Emily Spa. It has quite good review on Google and we agree. Full Body Massage for $14 (FOR REAL BALI????)

Babi Guling Bu Dayu

Afterwards, we hit the souvenir gift shop just to tick off most of the list while we have time. We visited 2x stores as it turned out there are quite a few in the area. Legian, Kuta, and Denpasar are always handy locations if you are keen on shopping, massage, culinary and beach.



Agung


Just part of decoration. This is what I love the most about Bali, crafty artworks are everywhere


Krisna

In Krisna, they gave us a sticker, unsure why

Tried one of this fancy look flavor. Tastes like sugar with a bit of cocoa hint

Comments